So now that the Twilight Saga has come to an end, Hollywood has hit the panic button about what to do next - the answer, zombies of course! It would appear that movies with a zombie theme are being released faster than one of Rihanna’s singles. That’s right everyone, the humble zombie movie is undergoing some intense mutations and dividing itself into many sub-genres of its own, look out for these titles coming soon!
- Zombie fans are gagging for World War Z as Brad Pitt takes on the undead in this action blockbuster.
- The Day focuses on a group of survivors living in a grim post-apocalyptic future as civilization crumbles beneath their feet.
- 13 Eerie sees forensic students exploring a site which was once home to illegal prisoner biological testing – you can guess the rest.
- I’m looking forward to Re-Kill, set five years after the outbreak; we follow a rag-tag team of Special Ops agents who make the horrifying discovery that a second outbreak may be imminent.
- Nothing is sacred anymore with the timely Christmas with the Dead, think electrified zombie Santa’s being shot in the face – win!
As a special treat this week I really have saved the best till last! Doc of the Dead won’t be released for a while but the film asks the hard hitting questions (just like our own Miss K) about the realistic possibility of a Zombie outbreak. What would you do? Have you seen the signs? Check out the trailer below.
Bite you later
Mr Vitamin G