Translate

Saturday 17 May 2014

Apocalypse Hal - Behind the Scenes


Woo Hoo! Issue 60. Who would have thought I'd make it this far.
 
So for a special treat (and cause I needed to whip up something quickly) this one is about the creative process. It will answer all those questions I never get on how I create an issue of Apocalypse Hal.



Getting ideas doesn't seem to be a problem. I just look at everyday things and think "how would that relate to a zombie apocalypse?" Go pass a pet shop and it's like "mmm what pets would be handy in an apocalypse?" Bingo! Apocalyptic Pets (coming soon).

Half the trouble is trying not to take it seriously and making it fun.

Then the hard work. Drawing an issue and creating a million layers in Photoshop. I use two main colours as that stops me spending half an hour dithering what colour to pick.



I don't know how long it takes to make an issue. I am too scared to time it. A good 2-4 night's work depending on the complexity of the art. Plus time for the research and ideas.


Bite off more than you can chew.

Mr Rimsky



No comments:

Post a Comment